November 26-27, 2022 Bivouac Field Training Exercise
This weekend exercise is designed to teach cadets the bushcraft skills that will be used on every other exercise we do this year.
Some of the activities covered this weekend will include:
- Tying knots and lashings,
- erecting a tecnt,
- setting up a sleeping area,
- working as a member of a team,
- camp routine,
- forgetting about the outside world
- using and maintaining section equipment,
- having fun, and
- making new friends.
NOTE: If you decide to bring along personal electronic devices they are your own responsibility and must be muted during training. Your parents have agreed to reach out to Capt Scott if they need to reach you.
Forms and Handouts
- Permission Form / Kit List
- Cadet Code of Conduct – Canada.ca
- Sample Schedule (Proof you will be busy the whole time.)
The drop-off and pick-up location for this event is the gravel parking lot at the end of the Foxtrap Access Road where it meets the TCH.
- Drivers should take the CBS/Manuels By-Pass Road towards Holyrood
- take the exit for the Foxtrap Access Road and turn left (towards TCH)
- At the end of the road you will drive under the TCH, take the second right after the underpass